ASUS as scheduled has starting rolling out the Android Pie update on the ASUS Zenfone 5Z. We got the update on 28th January, 2019. If your device did not get the update yet, try checking manually through the settings app.
Go to Settings -> System -> System update and check for updates. If you are still not able to get the update, don’t worry as the update is released in batches and you will get it soon.
The newest Android Pie update is around 1080MB in size and is advised to download on WiFi.
Some of the major changes that come with the newest update are stated below :
– New contextual pop-up volume bar which emerges on the right side of your display. Here by default you can only control media volume.
– ASUS promises better camera performance.
– Magnifier feature for hassle free copy paste.
– Android Pie style gesture navigation available now.
– Better battery optimisation.
– Minor changes in ZenUI, still providing host of customisations to the users.
We do miss the all dark theme from Android Pie, yet the update is satisfying.
The only bug that we noticed is that, the brightness level automatically resets itself when set on auto. U have to manually lower the brightness level after that. Hope ASUS solves this with another bug fixes update.